Tuesday 5 April 2016

Tutorial: A Card For A Football Mad Dad!


Football Handmade Card for Men craft blog blogger lifestyle

Firstly I'd like to apologise for the image quality throughout this blog post. All images were taken on my iPad and whilst at the time they looked amazing that doesn't translate so well on the laptop and I can't retake them because this card is currently sitting on the recipients mantelpiece and I'd look more than a little vain popping round the in-laws to take pictures of my own work! Cringe.


It's been a while since I've made a card that I've been genuinely proud of, it seems I've been experimenting with techniques and making bits of cards rather than putting together an entire piece. It seems this card has broken the dry spell, I'm on a roll at the minute so expect lots more card tutorials!

I started with an A5 Hammered White Card Blank . I then adhered a section of Mulberry paper that covered half. I liked that the texture was reminiscent of a football pitch.

Football Handmade Card for Men craft blog blogger lifestyle

If you saw our previous Crafternoon post you will have seen that I'd been doing some stamping with this Hobbycraft Football Stamp, a bargain at just £1. I chose red and white as my colour scheme as that's my father-in-laws favourite team colours. I layered them in the bottom right corner, adding a foam pad to the top layer for some depth.

I also added a strip of washi tape down the centre to represent the half way lines of a football pitch. This green star tape came from a set by Cath Kidston, This is the closest I could find as Cath Kidston appear to have discontinued it.

Football Handmade Card for Men craft blog blogger lifestyle

I was quite pleased with the card at this stage and felt it was time for the sentiment. I went for a bold 'Happy Birthday' that I had written using my Cameo Silhouette and coordinating sketch pen attachment I used the machine to write 'Dad' on a separate piece of white card. I adhered the main sentiment to the centre of the card using a tape roller and having backed the 'dad' accent onto silver card I adhered it just below and at an angle with foam pads. I wanted it to look as if it was a ball in action. I added a trail of stars to represent the direction of the kick and to add a sense of movement to the card


Football Handmade Card for Men craft blog blogger lifestyle

Overall this has been one of my favourite designs. I like that the layers of texture and movement reflect an actual football match and I like that the football colours can be customised for favourite teams. It's a format that I'll be using again for all the other football lovers in my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment